We are pleased to announce that we are able to open up the pitch during half term week for 1:1 coaching.
Before you book, please read in full all the details below to ensure you are clear on what we are offering and to ensure you adhere to the rules set by the Club.
COVID-19 1:1 Coaching Guidance & Booking
The following Policy applies to the whole of the Old Cranleighan Hockey Club (OCHC) and its aim is to ensure the safety of players, coaches, OC Club Management and other visitors to the club.
It is written in conjunction with the advice received from England Hockey on 21 May 2020 which approved the resumption of certain hockey activities including 1:1 coaching sessions involving a coach and a player from different households, under social distancing guidelines. Should England Hockey or the Government advice change
The following guidance must be adhered to at all times when visiting the Club to ensure the social distancing rules are applied. If this guidance is not adhered to, the coaches and the management of the Old Cranleighan Club have the authority to ask you to leave the premises for the safety of others and themselves.
Who can access 1:1 coaching sessions?
- Only available to Club members during half-term week (25th – 29th May) between 9am and 5pm. Each coaching session is one hour long.
- All Juniors from U11/U12 upwards and adults can participate. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer sessions to our U10s and below due to the challenges of social distancing for very young children.
- Only one to one coaching activity, no group sessions, is permitted.
Accessing the Club
- All coaching session will take place at the Old Cranleighan Club, Portsmouth Road, Thames Ditton. KT7 0HB.
- Please follow the Government guidelines on travel when making journeys to and from the club.
- Avoid congregating by the entrance gates to the pitch and the compound, in the compound area, the stand or in front of the Club House and maintain your 2 metre distance at all times.
- The stand is out of bounds and should not be used.
- Only travel to the club if you have a confirmed session booked and arrive at the time of your booking, not before. If you arrive early, please wait outside the compound area on the grass as you are not permitted to use the tables on or surrounding the patio area.
- A gap of 15 minutes will operate between sessions to avoid too many people gathering during session cross-overs.
- Junior members (16 and under) should be escorted by one parent / guardian to and from the pitch and should be supervised at all times – one parent / guardian may remain at the side of their child’s pitch and should follow the 2 metre social distancing rules. You will not be allowed to sit in the stand or the picnic tables so if you require seating please bring a fold-up chair. Alternatively, you can sit on the mound the other side of the pitch.
- Dogs are not be allowed in the pitch compound area during this period.
- Only players and coaches will be allowed on the pitch and there should be no spectators gathering outside the pitch (except one supervising parent / guardian).
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Please ensure appropriate hand hygiene measures are followed before, during and after arriving each coaching session.
- Hand sanitising gel will be available but we strongly encourage you to bring your own.
- Entry to the Club House is prohibited; there will be no toilet or changing facilities available.
- All players must wear suitable astro shoes, gumshields and shin pads.
- Bring your own water bottle(s), there will not be any facilities available to provide water or refill bottles.
- Equipment must not be shared between players and coaches; nor will equipment be lent by the Club (with the exception of balls/cones; please see below).
- Please bring the minimum amount of equipment/kit with you and arrive ready to play and take all your belongings away at the end of your session.
- Any clothing or equipment left on the premises will be removed safely and disposed of.
- Please do not come to the Club if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, are self-isolating or living with individuals that are self-isolating.
- If you exhibit any signs or symptoms in the days following your session, please ensure you inform us.
- It is highly recommended all players bring their own First Aid Kit.
- In the unlikely event of an injury the coaches will assess the injury from a suitable distance. As parents / guardians for Under 16s are remaining on site they will be asked to make a further assessment, off the pitch if possible, and take the player home if required. If it is deemed necessary to administer First Aid then a kit is available at the club but this should only used by the coaches, who have been provided with protective disposable gloves and suitable face masks.
During coaching sessions
- The pitch will be divided into two halves separated by the pitch dividers. Players are not permitted to cross into adjacent pitch area.
- A two metre distance between coach and player should be maintained at all times.
- Hockey balls will be provided by the Club and will only be handled by the coach.
- Balls will be regularly disinfected between sessions.
- Players should only touch the balls with their sticks.
- Please refrain from touching any other equipment (such as cones). Only coaches should handle these and will ensure that these are disinfected regularly.
- Gates to the pitches must remain open at all times. Please avoid touching gates and adjacent pitch side fences.
- Use of the dugouts is prohibited. Please do not leave your equipment on the pitch side benches.
- It is the coaches responsibility to lock the gates after the final session.
During half-term Lauren Moors, OCHC Director of Junior Hockey and Will Marshall, Performance Coach and Men’s 1st XI player will be our two coaches. Both coaches are part of the Club’s coaching team and have numerous years of hockey coaching experience.
Both Lauren Moors and Will Marshall are first aid qualified, insured and DBS checked.
How to Book
The 1:1 coaching sessions are only available to all Old Cranleighan members. The session can include more than one person that resides at the same household but cost may vary.
There will be 6 sessions per day and allocation will be on a first come first served basis. Initially each household can only book one session during half-term week however if some sessions are left vacant then the coaches will endeavour to fill these with people wishing to have more sessions.
|8.45am – 9.45am||9.00am – 10.00am|
|9.50am – 10.50am||10.05am – 11.05am|
|10.55am – 11.55am||11.10am – 12.10pm|
|12.00pm – 1.oopm||12.15pm – 1.15pm|
|1.45pm – 2.45pm||2.00pm – 3.00pm|
|2.50pm – 3.50pm||3.05pm – 4.05pm|
|3.55pm – 4.55pm||4.10pm – 5.10pn|
To book please EMAIL Lauren Moors (email@example.com) with the following information. Lauren will then make contact with you to confirm the booking time and date:
- Name of Player(s) attending session
- Current Age Group(s)
- Name of Parent / Guardian for U16s
- Contact Number of Player or Parent / Guardian for U16s
- Preferred coaching session time and day (no guarantees these can be fulfilled)
- Each hour long 1:1 coaching session will be £50.
This will be done via bank transfer and details will be provided by Lauren Moors on confirmation of booking time and date.
Please note cancellation policy: 24 hrs notice of change or cancellation or you will be charged for the session missed. We cannot guarantee that you can re-book as slots are limited.