Adverse Weather Conditions Policy
Despite all our best efforts we are not able to control the weather! As a result occasionally we have to cancel home hockey matches or training. We make every effort to leave the decision on the day as late as possible in THE hope that we do not need to cancel.
Since we cannot telephone all our members and opposition players we have put some procedures in place so you can check if hockey is on. These procedures apply to all our home matches and training sessions at the Old Cranleighan Hockey Club on Portsmouth Road Thames Ditton and Surbiton High School’s Pitches on Manor Road (Hinchley Wood) and Oaken Lane.
All cancellations will be posted to:
- Twitter Our Twitter feed links instantly to the Tweets section on the right-hand side of the OCHC Home Page
- Old Cranleighan Hockey Club Website Please note this is shown in the Tweets feed on the right-hand side
We will only post cancellations so please assume matches or training sessions are ON unless a cancellation is posted.
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday Evenings – A decision on whether training will proceed will be communicated by 4.30pm for the Colts and 6.00pm for the Senior squads.
- For 10am matches a decision will be communicated no later than 8.30am. Opposition teams may have a long journey and they are advised to liaise with their OCHC Captain.
- For matches from 11.30am a decision will be advised no later than 90 minutes prior to the start time.
Sunday Training / Matches
A decision will be made by the Executive Committee no later than 8.15am for the first training session and then 30 minutes before each following session. For Home Colts matches on a Sunday we will make a decision 90 minutes in advance. Colts section cancellation or changes will be advised to Lead Coach on the day who will ensure appropriate cascade.
- In the event of freezing conditions the decision on whether to play on the OCHC Thames Ditton pitch rests with OCHC Executive Committee and not the team Captains.
- For Manor Road South & Oaken Lane the decision will be made by the grounds’ owners and in the case of Colts sessions will be done in liaison with the Colts Committee.
- Please be aware that based on our experience of the pitches should the air / ground temperature be 3 degrees or less then games and or training will not go ahead, especially where the temperature has dropped overnight as the pitches do not defrost due to the lack on sun exposure.
Other Adverse Weather
- All other weather (high winds, flooding, torrential rain or lightening) cancellation decisions will be made by the Captains and Coaches in consultation with the Umpires. In any of these weather conditions are forecast then the Executive Committee will communicate any cancellations as far in advance as possible.