This policy is intended to provide information about how Old Cranleighan HC (OCHC) will use personal data relating to its members, junior parents / guardians and supporters. The data controller is OCHC.
General Data Protection Regulation
The new data protection legislation known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018. OCHC takes its responsibilities under this legislation seriously and will ensure that the personal information it obtains is held, used, transferred and processed in accordance with the GDPR.
Information We Collect
The following information is added to our database when a player registers with OCHC through our Data Management system (LoveAdmin):
- Email address (of player or parent / guardian for all under 18s)
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Date of Birth
- For juniors Parent(s) / Guardian(s) name and contact details
- Relevant Medical Information
At any point members may edit or remove data from our database. If you would like your details to be deleted please request this via email to the OCHC Treasurer.
How we collect your data?
We collect data from individuals via our online membership database system, Love Admin, which OCHC subscribes to.
In addition, data is collected via Teamo which is used by the club to manage fixtures and player selection.
We also hold photographs taken at training, during matches and at other OCHC events. Please refer to our policy on Photography and Video which is available at [INSERT LINK].
Why We Collect Your Data?
OCHC collects your information to effectively run the club and to maintain links with ex-members and supporters. Processing your data allows us to:
- keep in contact with players, parents and juniors about training, selection and fixtures;
- share news via our newsletter;
- notify you about upcoming events organised by OCHC;
- send you information about OCHC;
- send you information about offers we have obtained for you from our sponsors and other partners.
Please note this information will always be sent by OCHC and not directly to you by our partners;
Who Has Access To Your Data?
We will not share your information with any third parties without your consent.
Security of your Information
We maintain reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect your information.
How long does OCHC keep your data?
OCHC is committed to holding your data securely and treating it with sensitivity. As OCHC would like to develop a long standing relationship with you beyond your playing days we will hold your data for as long as it is lawful and legitimate for us to do so. Some data and photographs will be used to form part of the Club’s archive. We may use photographs on the OCHC website or our social media sites to advertise the Club. If you have any concerns about the use of photographs, please contact our Club Captain or Junior Chairman.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us and how we communicate with you. You are welcome to contact OCHC at any point if you wish to amend these choices.
If you wish to register as a player you will need to provide certain personal data to play for the Club.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You have the rights to:
• request a copy of the information we hold about you
• update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong
• change your communication methods at any time
• ask us to remove your personal information from our records
• raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used
• object to the processing of your data where OCHC is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or ask for further information, please contact a member of the OCHC committee.
We may amend this privacy notice from time to time. It will be available on the OCHC website to view.
OCHC Executive Committee