We will be running a 10-week training programme over the summer term for all members, from U6s to U16s. The hour-long sessions will run at the clubhouse pitch and will be led by Lauren Moors and OCHC coaches.
We have tried to keep the cost of the summer hockey offer as low as possible and the fee for the 10-week programme is £70.
|4:30pm||U6, U7, U8||–||–||–|
|5:30pm||U10 Girls||U14 Girls||U12 Girls||U10, U12 & U14 Boys|
|6:30pm||U16 Girls & U16 Boys||U14 Girls||U12 Girls||–|
These are the age groups from the 2020/21 season i.e. the groups they were playing in before Christmas.
Where there are 2 sessions for an age group (U12 and U14 girls), please select your preferred time when you book. To manage numbers, you will need to commit to this time for the season.
Dates: w/c 19 April to w/c 24 May (no hockey during half term) and w/c 7 June to w/c 28 June
To book, please log in to your LoveAdmin account here
In line with COVID guidelines, we have to limit numbers and space will be offered on a first come first served basis.
We never want financial circumstances to prevent our Juniors from playing hockey. If you’d like to talk to Kate, our Treasurer, in confidence about accessing our Hardship fund to help with the Summer Hockey Programme, please get in touch with her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information about the Summer Hockey Programme – Please read before booking
The information below sets out the basis upon which we are able to offer the Summer Hockey Programme. Please ensure you have read the information below before signing up and follow it when attending. Compliance is essential if we are going to be able to run all of the sessions as planned.
Format of the Summer Hockey Programme
On 25th March, England Hockey confirmed that hockey can return from 29th March under ‘Play – Step 4’ guidance. This is what we have based our guidance on below. If England Hockey update this guidance at any point, we may need to adjust the session format and will be in touch with everyone registered if that is the case.
To ensure we offer safe, fun, quality coaching that follows England Hockey and Government COVID-19 advice, the Summer Hockey Programme will run for 1 hour a week with a maximum of 30 players in a group and on a similar basis to training before Christmas. Players will be asked to remain 2m apart from one another, not to touch equipment other than their own and not to bring kit onto the pitch (other than a water bottle).
Before attending, please ensure your child is registered in Teamo as you will need to check-in and confirm your child is COVID-19 symptom free before playing.
All players should already have completed the England Hockey Participation Agreement for OCHC. If you have not yet completed this, please do so before arriving at the first session. This must be done before playing as players will not be allowed on the pitch without this. We record completion in Teamo, if this is not showing for your child but you believe you have completed the agreement, please forward your email confirmation to email@example.com
Payment is required at time of booking. We are not able to offer part refunds for sessions not attended.
Accessing the Club
- The Summer Hockey Programme will take place at the Old Cranleighan Club, Portsmouth Road, Thames Ditton, KT7 0HB.
- Please follow the Government guidelines on travel when making journeys to and from the club.
- You must adhere to our one-way system. Please enter the pitch compound via the usual main gate at the appropriate time and exit via the gate closest to the containers.
- Avoid congregating by the entrance gates to the pitch and the compound, in the compound area, the stand or in front of the Club House and maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.
- One parent / guardian per player is allowed to spectate but social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- The grandstand is out of bounds to parents / guardians and should not be used.
- Only travel to the club if you have signed up to the Summer Hockey Programme and arrive at the time of your session, not before. If you arrive early, please wait outside the compound area on the grass.
- If not remaining on site, a parent / guardian is required to be within a 10-minute drive of the club. When at the club, parents/guardians should maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Only players and coaches will be allowed on the pitch.
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Please do not come to the Club if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, are self-isolating or living with individuals that are self-isolating. If in doubt, please stay away.
- If you exhibit any signs or symptoms in the days following your camp, please ensure you inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure appropriate hand hygiene measures are followed before, during and after arriving at each coaching session. Hand sanitising gel will be available, but we strongly encourage you to bring your own.
- All players must wear suitable astro shoes, mouth guards and shin pads. All players must bring their own stick.
- Please bring the minimum amount of equipment/kit with you and arrive ready to play and take all your belongings away at the end of your session.
- Please do not take bags or other items on to the pitch – please only take your stick and water bottle(s).
- Any clothing or equipment left on the premises after a sessions will be removed safely and disposed of.
- Equipment must not be shared between players and coaches; nor will equipment be lent by the Club (with the exception of balls/cones; please see ‘during coaching sessions’ section below).
- There is no entry to the wider Club House; there will be access to the toilet but there are no changing facilities available. Access to the toilet will be managed to ensure social distancing and hygiene rules are adhered to.
- Bring your own water bottle(s), there will not be any facilities available to provide water or refill bottles. This is particularly important in warmer weather.
- It is highly recommended all players / parents / guardians bring their own First Aid Kit.
- In the unlikely event of an injury the coaches will assess the injury from a suitable distance. We are asking all parents/guardians if not staying on site to be within 10 minutes from the club. Please ensure your contact details are up to date on LoveAdmin and Teamo when registering for the camp as we will use these to contact you. If parents/guardians are not on site, the coach will assess the injury and call the parent/guardian to ask them to return to the club. In case of serious injury, emergency medical assistance will also be requested.
During coaching sessions
- Training groups will not consist of more than 30 players.
- When not playing, social distancing between coach and player(s) should be maintained at all times.
- Hockey balls will be provided by the Club and will only be handled by the coach and will be regularly disinfected between sessions. Players should only touch the balls with their sticks.
- Please refrain from touching any other equipment (such as cones, goals etc). Only coaches should handle these and will ensure that these are disinfected regularly.
All our coaches are insured, DBS checked and have undertaken appropriate training. They are also managed by Lauren Moors, OCHC Director of Junior Hockey
To book, please log in to your LoveAdmin account here