We are excited to announce summer holiday half-day Junior hockey camps are now available to book. These are open to all OCHC Juniors and non-members (who already have some hockey experience) from U7s upwards, based on 2019/20 season age groups.
The morning camp has been designed for U7-U10 players and the afternoon camp for U11 players and upwards, boys and girls are welcome at all sessions. Following the afternoon session, we will also be running a Masterclass session for U14s and over, with each Masterclass focussing on specific skills. Specialist goalkeeper coaching will be available during both the morning and afternoon sessions, subject to demand.
Each half-day camp is limited to 20 players, please read on for important information about how the camps will work.
|Week 1||Tuesday 21st, Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd July|
|Week 2||Tuesday 28th, Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th July|
|Week 3||Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th August|
|Week 4||Tuesday 11th, Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th August|
Timings and prices (per session) – age groups based on 2019/20 season
|10:30 – 13:00||U7, U8, U9, U10||£30|
|14:00 – 16:30||U11 upwards||£30|
|16:30 – 18:00||Masterclass for U14 upwards||£18|
HOCKEY CAMP OFFER! Book all 3 morning or afternoon sessions of the same week for just £75, saving £15
MASTERCLASS OFFER! Book all 3 Masterclass sessions of the same week for just £45, saving £9
Masterclass sessions will also be limited to 20 players and each session will focus on a particular set of skills each week
|Tuesday||Drag flick, hitting, reverse stick hitting, disguise slapping|
|Wednesday||Drag flick, aerials, reverse stick hitting, disguise slapping|
|Thursday||Drag flick, hitting, aerials, reverse stick and penalty strokes|
Camps selling out fast! Please note, the following remaining camps are now sold out:
Week 3 – Tues 4th August am camp (U7-U10) SOLD OUT
Week 4 – Tues 11 August pm camp (U11+) SOLD OUT
If you have booked a camp and are returning from holiday and now need to quarantine in line with Government guidelines, please get in touch email@example.com
1:1 coaching – limited availability
On all dates the camps are running, Lauren Moors will also be offering a 1:1 coaching session at 08:30-09:30 and 09:30am-10:30. The cost for these sessions is £50 per session and are bookable directly with Lauren by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
TO BOOK PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW AND THEN REGISTER USING THE MEMBER OR NON-MEMBER LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Important information – Please read
The information below sets out the basis upon which we are able to offer summer hockey camps. Please ensure you have read the information below before signing up and follow it when attending. Compliance is essential if we are going to be able to run all of the sessions as planned.
Format of half-day summer hockey camps
To ensure we offer safe, fun, quality coaching that follows England Hockey and Government COVID-19 advice, the half-day summer camps will run for 2.5 hours with a maximum of 20 players per session. For those that have been enjoying the summer evening hockey for Juniors, the summer camps will run on a similar basis. There will be groups of 5 players with 1 dedicated coach for the whole session. Each group of 6 will play on a distinct area of the pitch and will not mix with other groups. Players will be asked to remain 2m apart from one another, not to touch equipment other than their own and not to bring kit onto the pitch (other than a water bottle).
Accessing the Club
- All summer hockey half-day camps will take place at the Old Cranleighan Club, Portsmouth Road, Thames Ditton, KT7 0HB.
- Please follow the Government guidelines on travel when making journeys to and from the club.
- You must adhere to our one-way system. Please enter the pitch compound via the usual main gate and exit via the gate closest to the containers.
- Avoid congregating by the entrance gates to the pitch and the compound, in the compound area, the stand or in front of the Club House and maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.
- The stand and benches in the compound are out of bounds and should not be used.
- Only travel to the club if you have a confirmed summer camp booking and arrive at the time of your session, not before. If you arrive early please wait outside the compound area on the grass as you are not permitted to use the tables on or surrounding the patio area.
- A parent / guardian is required to either remain on site or be within a 10 minute drive of the club. When at the club, parents/guardians should maintain appropriate social distancing. You will not be allowed to sit in the stand or the benches so if you require seating please bring a fold-up chair. Alternatively, you can sit on the mound the other side of the pitch, whilst adhering to social distancing.
- Please do not lean on the fence surrounding the pitch.
- Dogs will not be allowed in the pitch compound area during this period.
- Only players and coaches will be allowed on the pitch and there should be no spectators gathering outside the pitch (except one supervising parent / guardian).
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- All players must wear suitable astro shoes, gumshields and shin pads.
- Please bring the minimum amount of equipment/kit with you and arrive ready to play and take all your belongings away at the end of your session.
- Please do not take bags or other items on to the pitch – please only take your stick and water bottle(s).
- Any clothing or equipment left on the premises after a camp will be removed safely and disposed of.
- Equipment must not be shared between players and coaches; nor will equipment be lent by the Club (with the exception of balls/cones; please see ‘during coaching sessions’ section below).
- There is no entry to the wider Club House; there will be access to the toilet but there are no changing facilities available. Access to the toilet will be managed to ensure social distancing and hygiene rules are adhered to.
- Bring your own water bottle(s), there will not be any facilities available to provide water or refill bottles. Please ensure your child has enough water with them for the 2.5 hour session.
- Please ensure appropriate hand hygiene measures are followed before, during and after arriving at each coaching session. Hand sanitising gel will be available but we strongly encourage you to bring your own.
- Please do not come to the Club if you have any Covid-19 symptoms, are self-isolating or living with individuals that are self-isolating.
- If you exhibit any signs or symptoms in the days following your session, please ensure you inform us at email@example.com
- It is highly recommended all players / parents / guardians bring their own First Aid Kit.
- In the unlikely event of an injury the coaches will assess the injury from a suitable distance. We are asking all parents/guardians if not staying on site to be within 10 minutes from the club. Please ensure your contact details are up to date on LoveAdmin when registering for Summer camps as we will use these to contact you. If parents/guardians are not on site, the coach will assess the injury and call the parent/guardian to ask them to return to the club. In case of serious injury, emergency medical assistance will also be requested.
During coaching sessions
- The pitch will be divided into zones separated by the pitch dividers or cones. Players are not permitted to cross into adjacent pitch area (zone).
- A two metre distance between coach and player(s) should be maintained at all times.
- Hockey balls will be provided by the Club and will only be handled by the coach.
- Balls will be regularly disinfected between sessions.
- Players should only touch the balls with their sticks.
- Please refrain from touching any other equipment (such as cones, goals etc…). Only coaches should handle these and will ensure that these are disinfected regularly.
- Gates to the pitches must remain open at all times. Please avoid touching gates and adjacent pitch side fences.
- Use of the dugouts is prohibited. Please do not leave your equipment on the pitch side benches.
All our coaches are insured, DBS checked and have undertaken appropriate training. They are also managed by Lauren Moors, OCHC Director of Junior Hockey
OCHC members, please log in to your LoveAdmin account HERE where you can select which days/weeks you wish to book and make payment online
If you aren’t a member of OCHC, please click HERE and select ‘non-members summer 20 camp registration’ to select which days you would like to book and payment online