Please read to the end of this article for the latest updates.
Monday, 16th March 2020
In light of the latest announcements today by the government we have concluded that we will be cancelling, with immediate effect, all future training and matches for both our Colts and Senior players for the remainder of the season. This is also inline with England Hockey’s statement which can be read HERE.
These are unprecedented times and we must adhere to the guidance in the statements made today.
It is without doubt a very frustrating way to end what has been another superb season across OCHC but when we can, we will come back as a club to celebrate everyone’s achievements.
Please look after yourselves and we will keep in touch over the coming months.
Wednesday, 17th March
Following on from the hockey club’s announcement yesterday I wanted to provide a further update. Yesterday we felt we had to react quickly to the government’s statements due to training take place that evening. We are also fortunate that our relationship with England Hockey allowed us to have the knowledge that they were about to make their statement regarding National League games and Cup fixtures.
I would therefore like to clarify:
- Colts Training & Matches – there is no change to yesterday’s announcement and all hockey is cancelled for the remainder of the season which was due to end the 29th March 2020.
- U16 Girls, Over 40s Mens and Over 50s Men England Hockey Cups – currently suspended until further notice from England Hockey.
- Senior Training & Matches – all the Senior leagues are currently suspended until further notice from the league organiser. Training remains cancelled.
- Senior Summer Leagues – these are currently under review and we will provide a further update in early April.
- Colts Easter Camps – this is now cancelled based on recent developments.
- Summer Training Programme – we will continue to review the situation and we will advise you in due course of any amendments to be made.
The Old Cranleighan Club is now officially closed until further notice and access will not be permitted. For any external organisations who hire the astro then please direct any queries to JJ Griffin.
May I take this opportunity to send the club’s best wishes to all our club members, family, friends and the hockey community during what are very uncertain times.